Training and Development
As a new employee, your career will begin with a period of classroom training which typically lasts 1 to 3 months, dependent on product line. After completion of the Sales Associate classroom training, you will be promoted to Sales Engineer, initiating the on-the-job training phase of the development program, which includes a formal mentorship program that typically lasts from 4 to 6 months. That's because, at Keyence, we are committed to adding value to your career and developing the strongest organization in any industry.
Why is Keyence committed to developing your career? We have to be. We value success and experience within Keyence and promote accordingly.
Who does Keyence promote? The best. We never promote based on seniority. We provide a clear and transparent framework for promotion and advance those who can lead by example.
Sales Training Programs
- Initial training at our state-of-the-art training facility in classroom instruction on our products and their applications.
- Hands on training led by experienced application engineers and sales directors.
- Collaborative learning with a training cohort.
- Product demonstration training and formal role plays with some of the most successful Keyence salespeople.
- Formal mentorship program and coaching to reinforce product and application training and strengthen sales skills.
- Job-shadowing and joint sales calls on office visits to sales offices throughout the country.
Corporate Training Programs
- Formal mentorship program enabling new employees to learn from experienced incumbents.
- Training program tailored to the specific duties and responsibilities of each position.
- "Best Rookie" award announced twice annually.
Management Development Program
- Merit-based consideration is given to current employees for a development program that is structured to develop faculties critical to leadership.
- Enhance understanding of all aspects of the company, including global initiatives.
- Immersion in all aspects of company’s business, including the functions and responsibilities of each corporate department and sales division, so that participant may suggest improvements.
- Formal sponsorship from upper level manager and mentorship from a “running mate.”
- Take part in goal setting and goal progress meetings with upper management.
- Project management training.
Development is On-Going
- Continuous, hands-on product training as new, cutting-edge products are released.
- Certificate programs for relevant technologies.
- Award and recognition programs to recognize individual and group performances in sales and corporate departments.
- Inter-office ride along program offers the opportunity to learn from the best.
- 360° Feedback programs for sales and corporate managers.
- “Open Air Meetings” that bring together cross-sectional and interdepartmental groups to tackle emerging issues.
- Keyence philosophy training.
- Keyence Skill Development Program.