Use the following steps to select the optimum GL-R Series components for your application
It is possible to select from the following 3 types of wiring systems according to the application. Select an applicable cable according to the wiring systems listed below.
• Each model is connected to one cable. Therefore, at least
two cables are needed as a system, one for the transmitter and
another for the receiver.
• All cables can be used for both the transmitter and receiver.
• The combination of the wiring system and cable determines the functions that can be used. Different types of cables can be used for the transmitter and receiver.
• Make sure that the length of the main unit connection cable and extension cable will be 98.43’ 30 m or less regarding the transmitter and receiver, respectively, when using the optical/wire synchronization system.
• Make sure that the total length for all cables, which includes the unit connection cable, extension cable, and series connection cable, is 98.43’ 30 m or less when using the one-line system.
• If using a combination of the unit connection cable (for extension use) and the extension cable, make sure that they share the same amount of conductors.
By connecting up to 3 GL-R units in a series, they can function as a single set of light curtains.
• Use a series connection cable to perform series connection.