Optical comparators vs. IM Series
- Measurement results are inconsistent depending on the operator Human vision is used to align the stage position and determine the points to be measured, resulting in inconsistent measurements among operators.
- Measuring points one at a time is time consuming Operators need to move the XY stage and trace the part for every single point they measure.
- Skilled operation is required A skilled operator is required to align the positions of the reticle and target accurately for precise measurements.
- Results are recorded manually Unless dedicated measurement compilation software is used, operators need to input the results manually, resulting in misreadings or input errors.
- Measurement results are consistent regardless of operator! Specially designed CMOS cameras automatically extract measurement points so that the measurement results are consistent without human error.
- Measurements are completed instantly! The large-diameter, double telecentric lenses capture the image of an entire part, allowing instant measurements of all points. Up to 99 points can be measured in just a few seconds.
- Anyone can use it! After setting the measurement item, you can complete the measurement by placing the part and pressing the button Since positioning is unncesssary, measurements can be repeated easily.
- Results are recorded automatically at the same time as measurement! The IM Series records the results as soon as it makes a measurement. It makes it easy to output reports from CSV data, make statistical analyses, or check trend graphs.
A significant reduction in measurement time!
Assume that you measure the dimensions of a part like this.
If the measurements take 10 minutes for one part and 50 parts are measured in one day...
The part requires 500 minutes per day
If you work 20 days in one month...
The part requires 10,000 minutes per month
If you continue the measurements over a year...
You will spend 2,000 hours on the part in a year
With the IM Series, one part can be measured in just a few seconds.
If you perform measurements on the same part...
It only takes 40 hours in the entire year!
Time spent measuring
The IM Series improves productivity by significantly reducing man-hours spent measuring