Using Non-contact Displacement Sensors to
Improve Measurement and Inspection Methods!
This document contains actual examples of inspection method improvements obtained by using non-contact displacement sensors as well as comments from KEYENCE customers who have installed displacement sensors.
We hope that you will read this document to see the know-how that KEYENCE has acquired over its history spanning more than 40 years as a direct sales manufacturer of displacement sensors.
- Measurement error varies depending on operators.
- 100% inspections cannot be performed.
- Thickness measurements vary for soft targets.
- The cycle time cannot be improved.
- Measurements of narrow locations cannot be performed.
- No measurement errors attributable to the operator.
- 100% inspections are possible.
- No need to worry about the contact pressure.
- Workpieces are not damaged by the sensor.
- The cycle time can easily be improved.
- Measurements of narrow locations are also easy to perform.
- Encouragement of Improvement in Measurement/Inspection Method [Contact VS. Non-Contact Measurement] (English)
- Displacement Sensor/Measurement Instrument General Catalog (English)
KEYENCE site membership gives you unlimited instant access to downloads, support, pricing and more!
Please sign in or create your KEYENCE site account below to complete your download.
KEYENCE site REGISTRATION