KEYENCE Supplier Code of Conduct/Procurement Guideline
Recently, as corporate activities are globalized, the business environment is changing largely and varying more and more. Critics from the society on scandals and dishonest business activities become stricter than before. KEYENCE and our supply chain are required to improve our sense of morality and tackle social respnsibility activities proactively.
From this background, we should reinforce and publicize our basic policies and make clear rules about our business activities and share with suppliers to practice them.
This Code sets forth minimum requirements of any entity providing goods or services to Keyence (hereinafter a “Supplier”). These requirements are consistent with Keyence’s values and are applicable to all Suppliers and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries globally.
Basic business policies
Fair trade is our basic business guideline. For example, we never give favorable treatment to a company which has transacted business with KEYENCE for a long time or has an employee who is an acquaintance/friend of a KEYENCE member.
We make business relationship with companies (i.e. seletcting Suppliers) according to the reasonable criteria taking into account economic principles, market principles, and other social responsibilities, such as quality, cost, delivery, continuous supply, financial status, environmental engagement, consideration of human rights, legal compliance status, etc.
1. No entertainment
- We do not receive any gift (including seasonal gifts, money and valuables) and entertainment (including eating out at a restaurant) for KEYENCE or an individual KEYENCE member.
2. No personal contact
- We do not have any personal contact with an employee of a company that transacts business with KEYENCE. If a KEYENCE member in charge is an acquaintance/a friend of suppliers' employee in charge, we may change the member.
3. No mixing up business and private matters
- We do not disclose personal information (including contact information, alma mater, and age) of a member in charge, except when the information is clearly essential for business, and we never request Suppliers' employee to give such information. In addition, we will never call your employee's home, even if we need a job-related information on the phone (except in case of emergency).
4. Social Responsibility and resulting compliance
- We are proactively engaging to make an ideal work environment. KEYENCE are proactively raising awareness to make a work environment respecting human rights including mutual respect for employees and vendors, and not forcing others to obey unreasonable requests by making improper use of our positions. In addition, we strictly conform to all laws and ordinances on business activities.
- We request Suppliers to comply with laws and ordinances, and avoid forced labor, child labor, discriminatory treatments, insulting words and actions and harassment, and endeavor to respect human rights as much as possible, and make an ideal work environment consistent with these Social Responsibility guidelines. In accordance with the basic business contarct with us, we request that Suppliers also share above policy with their business partner and confirm their compliance with this.
Procurement Management Division
Revision: August 2020