Management of Chemical Substances in Products
Restrictions of chemical substances in electric and electronic products are spreading worldwide.
KEYENCE shares the procedures/rules with our suppliers, for management of chemical substances in products.
KEYENCE defines and shares a set of restricted substances in addition to the chemical substances that are regulated by the RoHS Directive and the REACH regulation in the European Union. KEYENCE promotes Green Procurement of the components and materials that we use in our products. KEYENCE is actively engaged in efforts to abide by all regulations set against using harmful chemical substances in our products.
KEYENCE contributes to a green initiative through the use of our products.
Working Toward the EU RoHS Directive
KEYENCE is eliminating hazardous substances (such as heavy metals) from our products in order to contribute to the protection of human health and global environmental recovery. KEYENCE is switching over to products that comply with the RoHS Directive.
Electrical and electronic equipment placed on the EU market must not contain restricted substances under the RoHS Directive.
Restricted substances under the RoHS Directive
Polybrominated diphenyl ethers
Butyl benzyl phthalate
- *1 The specific phthalates which added by (EU) 2015/863. Most KEYENCE products are subject to the regulation from July 22, 2021.
Efforts to Provide Safe Products
Ensuring product safety is the premise to advocating quality improvement.
We are working to further reduce risk during product design, development and manufacturing while complying with laws and regulations on product safety.
- Creating a Sustainable Corporate Value
- Addressing Societal Challenges Using Our Products
- A Business Model to Generate Added Value
Respect for Human Rights
Human Resources Development
- Environmental Policy
- Reducing Our Environmental Impact Through Our Products
- Reducing Our Environmental Impact Through Business Activities
- Environmental Numerical Data