Respect for Human Rights
The KEYENCE Group recognizes the importance of respecting human rights as a company, not only in compliance with the laws and regulations of the countries in which the Group does business, but also in pursuit of high ethical standards. Since its establishment, KEYENCE has been dedicated to contributing to society through the creation of added value. KEYENCE recognizes that respect for human rights for anyone who supports the Company’s business activities is essential for sustaining the Company and allowing the Company to fulfill its social responsibilities. Based on this idea, and adhering to international norms such as the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights as well as the International Bill of Human Rights※1, and ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work by International Labour Organization (ILO)※2, the KEYENCE Group has established the KEYENCE Human Rights Policy to put into practice the Group’s efforts to respect human rights.
- *1 The International Bill of Human Rights is the collective name for the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Bill on Human Rights (International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights) adopted by the United Nations General Assembly.
- *2 The ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work identifies eight conventions in four areas (Freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining, The elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labour, The effective abolition of child labour, The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation) as "core labour standards" that should be observed as a minimum worldwide.
Scope of Application
This policy sets KEYENCE's basic policy on respect for human rights and applies to all KEYENCE
officers and employees (KEYENCE CORPORATION and its consolidated subsidiaries).
KEYENCE also expects its suppliers and cooperative partners to understand and support this policy, and the Group will continue to encourage them to do so.
Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
KEYENCE respects the international standards on human rights and unequivocally complies with all international human rights obligations and applicable laws and regulations of the countries in which the Group does business.
Human Rights Due Diligence
To fulfill its responsibility of respecting human rights, KEYENCE has established and will continue to enforce its framework for ensuring due diligence for human rights.
Revisions and Remedies
While fulfilling its responsibility to respect human rights, KEYENCE will prevent any infringement on the human rights of others through its business activities and to take appropriate measures to remedy any infringements on human rights that may result through its business activities or those of its business partners.
KEYENCE has established the Corporate Policy and Business Guideline and provides all personnel with a booklet of them and periodically promotes their understanding it to ensure adoption of the KEYENCE Human Rights Policy in all business activities and to ensure all business activities are performed based on high ethical standards.
Communication and Consultation with Stakeholders
KEYENCE encourages its suppliers and production partners to appreciate and support the Company's activities through established guidelines and other tools.
Disclosure of Information
KEYENCE appropriately discloses all efforts and actions based on the KEYENCE Human Rights Policy.
The above policy was approved by the Board of Directors of KEYENCE CORPORATION on June 10, 2022.
June 10, 2022
Yu Nakata, President
Compliance with the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015
KEYENCE CORPORATION has issued the statement in accordance with Section 54 of the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Responsibility to Respect Human Rights
Sustainability Department which is supervised by the executive officer in charge of sustainability assesses and monitors human rights risks throughout our business activities and supply chains.
- Creating a Sustainable Corporate Value
- Addressing Societal Challenges Using Our Products
- A Business Model to Generate Added Value
Respect for Human Rights
Human Resources Development
- Environmental Policy
- Reducing Our Environmental Impact Through Our Products
- Reducing Our Environmental Impact Through Business Activities
- Environmental Numerical Data