Measurement System Basics
Correct measurements are a key factor in manufacturing. Without a good understanding of the requirements and rules, errors may occur as a result of incorrect measurement. This section introduces the basics of measurement systems.
- What is Measurement?
- The Importance of Measurement in Manufacturing
- Direct and Indirect Measurements
- History of Length Units
- International System of Units
- Types of Errors
- Causes of Errors
- Abbe’s Principle
- What is Tolerance?
- What is Fit?
- Analog vs. Digital
- Metrological Traceability
- The Evolution of International Standardization