This site explains the information that you should know to perform correct and appropriate measurement. Learn from the basics of measurement carried out at manufacturing sites. The topics covered range from the way to think about units, errors, and accuracy in measurement to how to select a displacement sensor, calibration for maintaining reliability, and explanations of related terminology.
- What is Measurement?
- Inline/Offline Measurement
- International System of Units (SI)
- Tolerance and Measurement Accuracy
- Measurement Errors
- Selecting a Displacement Sensor / Measuring System
- What are Displacement Sensors (Displacement Gauges) and Dimension Measurement Systems?
- Laser Safety Standards and Classes
- Enclosure Ratings
- Important Terminology for Measurement System Selection