Types of Geometric Tolerances
Today, there are 14 types of geometric tolerances by the number of symbols, and 15 types based on classification.
These are grouped into form tolerance, orientation tolerance, location tolerance, and run-out tolerance, which can be used to indicate all shapes.
We will also overview the maximum material condition, which is essential to designing the mating of shafts and bores, and the least material condition, which is effective in designing the thickness of pipes and other parts where maintenance of strength is necessary.
- Form Tolerance (Form Deviation)
- Form Tolerance and Location Tolerance (Profile Tolerance of Line / Profile Tolerance of Plane)
- Orientation Tolerance
- Location Tolerance (Location Deviation)
- Run-out Tolerance (Run-out Deviation)
- Maximum Material Condition (MMC) and Least Material Condition (LMC)
- GD&T OverviewInternational Industrial Standards and GD&T
- Types of Geometric TolerancesForm Tolerance (Form Deviation)