Measurement/inspection of welding quality
Measurement and inspection after welding should check both the surface and inside of welds.
The inside of welds is generally checked using ultrasonic waves or radiation beams. The surfaces of welds are checked using magnetic particles (magnetic particle testing: MT) or special liquids (penetrant testing: PT).
In FA, where both the speed and quality of mass production are imperative, technological innovation has set an increasing trend in recent years to non-contact inspection using laser displacement sensors which achieve high-speed and high-accuracy automatic inspection even when used inline.
- Measurement/inspection of weld surface
- Measurement/inspection of weld interior
- Welding quality inspection example 1: Weld bead shape inspection
- Welding quality inspection example 2: Welding electronic components
- Welding quality and problemsGroove welding basics and cautions
- Measurement/inspection of welding qualityMeasurement/inspection of weld surface